Create and Share Segments in GA4
Analytics Canvas writes the SQL so you don't have to
Segments in GA4
The BigQuery export for GA4 is the most robust source for GA4 reporting and analysis. However, learning the SQL required to extract meaningful insights is no easy task and having to write SQL each time you want to dial in a query for analysis can really slow your flow.
For GA4 -do you wish you could have:
- UA like segments that can be used across properties and shared with other users?
- no “(other)”, no sampling?
- the ability to make any query you want, whenever you want?
All without having to have a PHD in BigQuery SQL?
We’re building a graphical query builder that will automatically generate and run BigQuery SQL on your GA4 event tables!
Analytics Canvas will optimize BigQuery bytes processed to save on unnecessary query costs resulting from full table scans against the raw tables.
Better still, Canvas lets you define the query and build segments in a familiar UI. Simply select dimensions, metrics, custom segments, and meta data fields. Canvas then generates the required SQL, runs the query, and returns an optimized "Smart Table" with your results. You can then preview the data, profile it, process it with data blocks, and publish report tables to your BigQuery project, to Data Studio, Tableau, or your data warehouse.
If you would like to learn more, and to participate in the private beta, sign up here. And please tell us what features you dream of for GA4 queries by emailing us at email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you.
Request Early Access
We'll notify you when you can create and share segments using Analytics Canvas and the BigQuery export for GA4.
GA4 BigQuery - Automatic SQL Generation
Analytics Canvas provides a visual interface for connecting to GA4 properties, dialing in queries, and landing results in 'smart tables' on your Canvas. You can then profile, process, and analyze your data before sending it off to dashboards and reports.
What's more, Canvas enhances the resulting tables by:
- automatically storing them within your Analytics Canvas account for processing and analysis
- storing them in date-partitioned tables that are optimized for querying
- keeping them updated with incremental loads that account for data reprocessing
- versioning them to allow for quick roll-backs when things change or are not as expected
- linking to each workflow that uses them
- locking them for changes when they're used in automation workflows
- allowing you to add and remove views without affecting the underlying data that has already been stored
Canvas makes all this available with a graphical user interface where you don't have to write a single line of SQL!
Sign-up to get notified when this feature is available for use in Analytics Canvas Online!