Explore your traffic in seconds with a trusted GA4 BigQuery SQL Builder
No need for courses, recipes, or cookbooks - just dial in your query with a few simple clicks! This industry leading GA4 BigQuery SQL Connector will save you hours upon hours of valuable time.
GA4 BigQuery SQL Builder: build any query in seconds!
The BigQuery export for GA4 is the most robust source for GA4 reporting and analysis. However, learning the SQL required to extract meaningful insights is no easy task and having to write SQL each time you want to dial in a query for analysis can really slow your flow.
Analytics Canvas allows you to:
- make queries using a graphical query builder that generates the SQL
- access pre-calculated dimensions and metrics to assist in your analysis
- access all of your event parameters in a flattened table
- access the streaming intra-day tables for reporting and analysis throughout the day
- combine data from multiple GA4 properties
- blend your GA4 data with other data sources, like your CRM
- profile, analyze, and prepare your data in a no-code, visual workflow builder
- store your GA4 data in SQL Server, BigQuery, Snowflake, or other databases and file types
- report on your GA4 data in Tableau, PowerBI, Looker Studio and elsewhere without racking up the costs!
Build GA4 BigQuery SQL Queries in Seconds
We’ve developed a graphical GA4 BigQuery query builder that automatically generates and runs BigQuery SQL on your GA4 event tables!
Canvas even offers pre-calculated dimensions and metrics built on top of the [GA4] BigQuery Export schema, like Landing Page Path, Session Date, Session Traffic Source, and more.
Just dial in your query by selecting dimensions and metrics and let Analytics Canvas run the query and return an optimized Smart Table with your results.
You can then preview the data, profile it, process it with data blocks, schedule it for automatic refresh, and publish report tables to your BigQuery project, to Data Studio, Tableau, or your data warehouse.
If you would like to learn more, and to participate in the private beta, sign up using the form on this page.
The query builder for GA4's BigQuery export is now included in all Trials and Pro plan subscriptions.
You can query both the daily and intra-day tables for near real-time reporting.
Sign-up to get started with your full featured, 30-day instant free-trial!
GA4 BigQuery Query Builder
Analytics Canvas provides a visual interface for connecting to GA4 properties, dialing in queries, and landing results in 'smart tables' on your Canvas. You can then profile, process, and analyze your data before sending it off to dashboards and reports.
Shown above is the visual query builder which shows just how quickly you can generate queries with Analytics Canvas.
What's more, Canvas enhances the resulting tables by:
- automatically storing them within your Analytics Canvas account for processing and analysis
- storing them in date-partitioned tables that are optimized for querying
- keeping them updated with incremental loads that account for data reprocessing
- versioning them to allow for quick roll-backs when things change or are not as expected
- linking to each workflow that uses them
- locking them for changes when they're used in automation workflows
- allowing you to add and remove views without affecting the underlying data that has already been stored
Canvas makes all this available with a graphical user interface where you don't have to write a single line of SQL!
Control BigQuery costs with Analytics Canvas
Afraid of the BigQuery costs for your GA4 tables? Don't be! Storage costs are very low (dollars per month at the high end), and Analysis costs can be directed to your Analytics Canvas account and controlled with your Analytics Canvas quota.
Unlike many BI tools like Looker Studio, historic data in Analytics Canvas is cached indefinitely and incrementally loaded to avoid unnecessary query costs.
User and subscription level cost controls are pre-set and easy to manage, ensuring that you never unknowingly go over your monthly budget.
JANUARY 2023: The BigQuery Query Builder is now in Public Beta!
Sign-up for a free trial and use the instructions found here to get started.