Google Analytics provides some automation capabilities for custom reports, for a limited number of dimensions and metrics, but of course the results are subject to sampling (fast access mode).
The Analytics Canvas command line functionality goes much further, making it possible to query up to 7 dimensions and 10 metrics easily, and even more by taking advantage of the power of Analytics Canvas to join multiple data sets. By automatically pumping Google analytics data into a database, even more sophisticated analysis can be done, and sampling can be avoided by using query partitioning.
- Run jobs at any frequency- Monthly, Weekly, Daily, hourly
- Integrate Google Analytics into existing Business intelligence and reporting systems
- Automatically extract data from Google Analytics using the API, and then insert into databases or files
- Generate excel dashboards directly based on templates populated by Google Analytics data automatically
- Avoid fast access mode sampling by running multiple queries seemlessly, deliver accurate data
With the command line functionality, not only can Google analytics data be automatically exported, but then based on the successful extraction of your analytics data, upstream tasks can be seemlessly run.
Get started now- Automate!
The free trial of Analytics canvas now includes the command line capability.
This capability is licensed in the form of the Automation subscription, which is used in conjunction with the client subscriptions to provide a complete solution. Developers can create and run Canvases using Analytics Canvas desktop, and then run them on the command line enabled server version as needed.
For a brief overview of how to run Analytics Canvas from the command line, check out the command line documentation, which has examples and everything you need to start extracting from Google analytics using and automatic schedule, and avoiding mindless data manipulation for reporting, so you can spend more time doing Analysis, and driving your websites performance forward.